Thursday, August 2, 2007

In a Name

I know that sometimes I post ZOMG game design or whatever, but essentially I think of this blog as mostly a respository for random thoughts and insights that I am able to assume that no one really cares too heavily about. It's vanity, essentially. As well as a space to not really bother anyone. I honestly am not particularly concerned if it is ever heavily read or not. Just random thoughts projected out into teh internets. I'm sure at some point I'll start talking about my cat.

Since afterall, that's what the internet is truly for. A place for random people to talk about their cats.

I'm not really sure where I came up with the name Ambril. All I know, is that I did in fact dream it up myself sometime, long ago. I suppose I thought of it as a logical hybrid of the names Amber and April, two names I've always sort of liked.

With the appearance of internet search engines came the realization (unsurprisingly) that the name actually existed, in the form of a character on Dr. Who. Huh. I've never particularly been a big fan of hard sci-fi at all and particularly not weird British ones on PBS, so that came as news to me.

Looks like it is also now the name of some sort of pharmaceutical as well. Sheesh. I'm not sure if it's a "good" drug or not. Probably just something for old people.

Not that I have anything against old people. Old people are fine. L2P.

I can only take the satisfaction that somehow (and I'm not even remotely sure how), I've managed to totally trump those other two Ambrils on a Google search.

In your face! hehe

This only leaves the mystery of who this Kash Ambril fellow is. Or Bambam Ambril, for that matter. Oh well.

No comments: