Sunday, April 8, 2007

Chalk One Up for GM Customer Support

Looking at the picture below of all the griffons, you may note that I am missing my staff. This is of course assuming that you knew or cared that I currently use a staff. In fact, I've always used a staff. I had a fondness for caster swords back when I was playing a warlock (since they were quite hard to come by back then and seemed fitting of a lock), but as a mage I prefer staves. No real reason, it's just my thing.

A few days ago, I had a bit of free time so I decided to take up fishing. I figured maybe someday I could start making some of those tasty Golden Fishsticks for Zan, you know? So I was fishing away over in Goldshire until a friend sent me a tell asking if I would help out in a Sethekk Halls run, to which I of course said yes. I mean, I was just fishing, afterall. I vendored the Brilliant Smallfish in my pack and ported to Shattrath where I eventually noticed to my astonishment that my staff was missing. So yeah, no staff, just this stupid fishing pole. And I had raid in an hour or so. I mean, you can't just show up to a raid equipped with a fishing pole!!! I immediately headed back to Elwynn to check the vendor buyback on the absurd chance I'd vendored it, but porting between Azeroth and Outland swipes the vendor buyback clean, apparently.

I will admit, I was very, very distressed by all this. Sure, my staff isn't some super leet and rare epic or anything, but it's nice and I like it and... it's what I have. So a scramble ensued as I flew to Tanaris to grab the Continuum Blade for the Keepers of Time, since it is passibly decent and I have the rep for it. And of course, I've unwisely failed to obtain a decent Off-hand to store in the bank, so I didn't have an off-hand either. I checked in the AH and let me tell you... the prospects in there for a good off-hand were pretty darn bleak. So I bought something... Non-glorious Off-hand of the Invoker or something (which I am equipped with in the picture below). Oh, and the Sethekk Halls run fell through too, needless to say.

An in-game GM responded to my GM Ticket about my dilemma about an hour and a half later and as luck would have it, he was actually able to recover my lost staff!! The discussion went something to the effect that (we can only do this for a player a limited number of times, would you like for me to attempt to recover this particular item)? To which I of course said yes. I mean, I've been playing this game for about two years and this is the first time I've ever lost something, so I wasn't anticipating having to ask them to do it too often.

Sure enough, in a short period of time, I found that my staff was waiting for me in the mail ~ and here is the kicker (contrary to what I'd ever heard about item restoration), it had my enchant on it! It was awesome. :)

No comments: