Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Tale of Two Servers

Happy birthday to meee! Well, not entirely quite yet. But very soon. The birthday of the server has come to pass as well as my guild's. I consider myself very fortunate, as being in any sort of raiding guild that is older than your toon is, is a blessing invariably. I value stability and loyalty above all else.

I'm still pretty Old School AP, however. I was a reroller from Dragonblight, one of the old launch day servers, where my first and only previous guild had run on hard times. I won't get into the specifics, but it was hard on those of us who were loyal to the guild, and that's all I'll say. Those sorts of things happen ~ it's almost written into WoW lore.


The reason why it is not my mage's birthday quite yet is because my original character on Aerie Peak was actually a rogue! When I first came here, the intent had been to simply scope it out and decide if I was going to want to make a home here for my warlock once transfers opened up. For some reason, I didn't quite grasp just how long the six months it required really is, in game terms. The rogue was a way to pass time, really. My heart was (and still is) in playing a cloth-wearing caster though, so I quickly realized that I just didn't have a strong interest in playing melee. I opted for a mage instead, though the first time I tried playing a mage I hated how frail it was... Having had decent experience playing a warlock, I felt as though I was finally ready for the mage playstyle, and I was right. Nowadays I actually cherish the idea that I'll quickly die if I'm not careful... It's fun. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... yeah, Ambril the Rogue just doesn't have the same ring to it. ;)

Happy almost B-day!

Ambril said...

Hehe, nope ~ at the very least I wouldn't have been able to get away with the 'Emily the Strange' play on my pic. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.